You are here
Organisational Structure of the ODPM
The current structure divides the organisation into five (5) units:
- Mitigation, Planning and Research Unit- advocates policy planning, GIS analysis, mitigation planning, implementation of mitigation strategies, data collection, dissemination of information, research and critical facilities protection.
- Preparedness and Response Unit- is responsible for the coordination of First Responder agencies, facilitation of training and capacity building, strengthening programmes for the first responder agencies and the development of Response Plans.
- Public Information and Education Community Outreach Unit- has oversight for public education/awareness initiatives, public relations, information dissemination, media relations, community outreach programmes and volunteerism.
- Administrative Support and Finance Unit- is responsible for business services, human resources, finance and accounting and information communications technology.
- Project Management Unit- assists the ODPM’s strategic unit in project monitoring, tracking and reporting to internal or external agencies.